Never settle, always hire the best legal representation you can afford. In the end, it’ll be worth every penny.
DWI Attorney Fees in New York State
How much does a DWI attorney cost? It is important to recognize that DWI is a criminal matter, best left to those experienced in all aspects of DWI and related crimes.
5 Guidelines for Comparing DWI Defense Law Firms
- Cost does not always indicate quality of representation – a top-notch DWI lawyer doesn’t always cost more, and you want the most experienced attorney you can afford.
- Not all law firms are local – they may not be as familiar with local courts and prosecutors.
- Experience does matter – look for specific experience in DWI and criminal law.
- Check credentials – hiring an attorney that is well known and respected can be a benefit in any legal matter.
- Don’t let payment plans distract you from a quality DWI defense – most law firms, including E. Stewart Jones, are willing to work with clients that require a payment plan.
Compare Legal Fees of DWI Lawyers
There are a large number of lawyers offering DWI legal counsel in the Albany, Schenectady, Troy, Colonie, Saratoga Springs, and all of Upstate New York. We suggest you contact an experienced DWI attorney early on to better understand your rights and options. The call will also give you an opportunity to understand how the attorney would handle your situation and should provide you with a feeling of comfort. Each attorney and firm will price their services differently and a higher quote doesn’t necessarily mean more DWI experience or a higher level of service.
Our team takes the time to listen, ask questions and provide you with expert guidance as to your legal options. The attorneys at E. Stewart Jones Hacker Murphy will also provide you a quote for legal services right over the phone, based on your specific situation. There is no obligation and we always provide free initial consultations.
Should You Hire an Attorney When Facing DWI?
Yes. You should always seek the most qualified legal counsel you can afford when facing a DWI. Fortunately, as you can see above, the E. Stewart Jones Hacker Murphy Law Firm has made excellent legal representation affordable for everyone in the Capital District.
The Stakes are High with DWI
A DWI conviction can have devastating effects on your life. You could be facing fines, imprisonment, probation, and/or your driver’s license could be suspended or revoked. In addition, a DWI conviction could impact your auto insurance rates, ability to get a job, immigration and citizenship eligibility, ability to get or keep a gun permit, get security clearance for a job, adopt a child, become a firefighter and impact travel. Most colleges and universities require disclosure of criminal convictions on their applications. A DWI conviction also appears on criminal background or public records check, often run by landlords, volunteer organizations, and potential employers.
3 Questions to Consider When Comparing DWI Attorney Costs
- Do they have the expertise I need?
- What does the DWI lawyer or law firm include in their legal fees?
- What will be the total cost for your DWI defense and is a payment plan available?
Choose Your DWI Attorney Carefully
You will very likely feel a sense of urgency, perhaps even panic, when obtaining legal counsel to represent yourself or a loved one when facing DWI charges. Investing a little time researching the attorney that best suits your needs could make a significant impact on the outcome of your case.
Get a Free DWI Case Analysis
We have an attorney available to answer any of your questions related to DWI or DWAI – 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Call us today for a confidential Free DWI Case Evaluation. A few minutes on the phone with us could change everything.
The E. Stewart Jones Hacker Murphy Law Firm has represented clients facing criminal defense charges with dignity, compassion and excellence since 1898. Meet our attorneys and view the areas we serve.
E. Stewart Jones Hacker Murphy also represents clients with the following criminal charges:
- Federal Crimes
- Felony Charges
- White Collar Crimes
- Internet and Computer Crimes
- Sex Assault Crimes
- Domestic Violence Charges
- Disorderly Conduct Charges
- Criminal Record Sealing
- College and University Disciplinary Matters
- Burglary Charges
- Hate Crime Offenses
- Child Pornography Charges
- Larceny Charges
- Violation Charges
- Violent Crimes
- Misdemeanor Charges
- Drug Possession Charges
- Vehicular Crimes
- Assault Charges
- Criminal Conspiracy Charges
- Professional Misconduct
Call us now for a no-obligation and Free DWI Case Analysis. We have five offices conveniently located in Albany, Schenectady, Troy, Colonie, and Saratoga Springs. If needed, our attorneys are also available to meet at your home, police station, or jail.
We are here to help you through this difficult situation.