Plaintiff’s Personal Injury Litigation
Tom works to understand his clients’ desires and goals at the outset of each case then develops a strategy to realize those desires and goals in a cost-effective manner.
MORE ABOUT TOM
Prior to entering the practice of law, Tom worked as an English consultant for the Japanese Ministry of Education in Japan, as a purchasing manager for an international food company in Philadelphia, PA, and as a manager in the Copper Trading Department of Mitsubishi International Corporation in New York, NY. Having worked outside the practice of law for a number of years helps bring perspective and understanding to his clients’ needs.
Tom works diligently towards his clients’ objectives and he recognizes the need to thoroughly inform and explain the complexities of any legal proceeding to them so that they remain active participants.
Tom frequently appears in Federal and State Courts, including the Commercial Division.
Tom was previously an attorney at Boies, Schiller & Flexner, LLP and at Murphy Burns, LLP.
The Honorable Thomas E. Mercure, New York State Supreme Court, Appellate Division, Third Department (Judicial Extern)
David D. Siegel, Distinguished Professor of Law, Albany Law School (Research Assistant)
- State of New York
- State of Massachusetts
- United States District Court, Northern District of New York
- United States District Court, District of Massachusetts
- S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
Juris Doctor, Albany Law School of Union University
Law Review: Editorial Board Member
Moot Court: Appellate Team
Bachelor of Arts, Colgate University
Tom has handled a broad array of corporate and individual defendants and plaintiffs in Federal and State courts, including:
- DuPont while under investigation by the Department of Justice.
- Yankee Entertainment & Sports Network (“YES”) in a carriage dispute with cable distributers.
- Internal investigations involving Adelphia Communications, Tyco and Qwest together with defending said entities during governmental investigations.
- A class-action antitrust matter against graphic chip manufacturers Nvidia and AMD.
- Plaintiffs in product liability actions.
- Defending corporations, officers and directors against claims by former employees and/or members.
- A commercial tenant dispute involving the Galesi Group.
- Individuals who have been denied long-term insurance coverage by their carrier in ERISA lawsuits.
- Group self-insured workers’ compensation trusts against former members for failure to pay.
- Slip and fall victim in appeal addressing exception to the storm in progress doctrine.
- Municipalities and their employees – including law enforcement officials – in various capacities.
AWARDS & RECOGNITION
Super Lawyers (2015-2020)
Board Member – Albany Law School National Alumni Association
Albany County Bar Association
Northern District of New York Federal Court Bar Association
New York State Trial Lawyers Association
Capital District Trial Lawyers Association
SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTS, PUBLICATIONS, & CONFERENCES
- CLE Lecturer – Government Immunity – An Overview of the Ethan Allen Case (2013)
- CLE Lecturer – Premises Liability – Liability for Sporting Activities (2015)
- Co-Author – AIDS: Overview of Legal Issues, Representing People with Disabilities (2003)