John personally handles each of his client’s cases and believes that effective communication is key to a successful attorney – client relationship.
MORE ABOUT John
John is a partner in the E. Stewart Jones Hacker Murphy firm and was previously a partner at Hacker Murphy, LLP before it merged with the E. Stewart Jones firm in 2015. He has been practicing law in upstate New York since 1995.
John prides himself in going the extra mile for his clients. As an experienced trial court litigator, he understands that the outcome of a case largely depends on the attorney’s preparation, knowledge of the law and attention to detail.
His zealous advocacy skills and dedication to his clients has been recognized by bench and bar in both State and Federal Courts. John has received the distinction of being named one of the “Top 25” lawyers in the Hudson Valley by “Superlawyers” Magazine since 2018. He has the highest rating of “AV” for ethics and legal ability from the peer review legal publication “ Martindale Hubbell.”
John prides himself in obtaining the best possible results for his clients taking into consideration the law and facts of each case. John strives to educate his clients regarding the legal process and possible outcomes in their cases. He is dedicated to answering his clients’ questions inquiries in a timely manner and keeping the lines of communication open during their legal matter.
In his spare, time he enjoys playing guitar, golf and chess and spending time with his two boys and wife Deirdre.
- State of New York
- United States District Court, Northern District of New York
- United States District Court, Eastern District of New York
- United States District Court, Western District of New York
- United States District Court, Southern District of New York
Juris Doctor, cum laude, Albany Law School Union University
Albany Law School Moot Court Board, Team Captain
Bachelor of Arts in Philosophy, Clark University
- Multiple successful jury trials and settlements in both personal injury and commercial litigation cases
- Achieved numerous settlements settlement in excess of $1.0 million for severely injured clients
- Settled a major injury claim for a roofer who was caused to fall due to lack of safety devices
- Settled hundreds of car accident cases involving spinal injuries, broken bones and lost time form work
- Successfully litigated dissolution of family business cases involving allegations of fraud and breach of fiduciary duties
- Arbitrated breach of contract claims involving business transactions
- Litigated and favorably settled ERISA long term disability cases on behalf of wrongfully denied insureds
- Tried multiple timber trespass cases to a successful conclusion
AWARDS & RECOGNITION
“Top 25 Lawyers,” Plaintiff’s Personal Injury (Hudson Valley New York), Super Lawyers (2018 through present)
“AV” Rating, Martindale Hubble (2012 to present)
Highest rating of “10.0” on AVVO
- Capital District Trial Lawyers’ Association, Past President and current Member
- Albany County Bar Association, Executive Board Member
- Rensselaer County Bar Association, Member
- Schenectady County Bar Association, Member
- New York State Bar Association, Member