When It Comes to Real Estate Law, Case Results Matter
New York Property Tax Attorneys You can Trust
Officially cited cases involving property tax law, tax abatement and condemnation include:
- Lehigh Portland Cement Co. v. Assessor (Town of Catskill) -Successful defense of multi-million dollar assessment for regional cement manufacturing plant.
- General Electric Co. v. Macejka – 1.8 million sq.ft. industrial manufacturing complex; prevented municipality from obtaining income and expense statements from manufacturing operations.
- Blue Circle Inc. v. Schermerhorn – Successful defense of $65 million assessment of cement manufacturing plant.
- City of Troy v. Kusala – Successful defense of assessment to a municipal dam and reservoir.
- Welch Foods Inc. v. Town of Westfield – Defense of assessment on national market, grape processing complex with appeals court upholding majority of trial court determination.
- Niagara Mohawk Power Corp. v. Cutler – Successful challenge for petitioner to the Town’s attempt to assess value of the “head” generated by a hydroelectric plant.
- Norton Company v. Watervliet – Successful defense to property tax abatement on manufacturing, warehousing and office building complex.
- North Pole Resorts, Inc. v. Board of Assessors – Successful defense to the tax certiorari challenge for a regional amusement park.
- Eastern Housing Associates v. City Assessor – Obtained reversal of trial court to obtain reductions in assessments of large apartment complex.
- Loughran v. Cruickshank – Partition action for 1,300 acre tract of Catskill timberland.
- Erie Blvd. Hydropower, LP v. Town of Ephratah – Successful defense to assessment challenge of hydroelectric power project stretching over two Towns and consisting of three separate dams and reservoirs along with a powerhouse, penstock and associated electric facilities.
- Niagara Mohawk Power Corp. v. Town of Bethlehem – Successful defense to utility challenge of special district taxation by town special district.
The attorneys of E. Stewart Jones Hacker Murphy are experienced Real Estate and Property Tax counselors. Contact us today to schedule a complimentary meeting at one of our four regional law offices in Albany, Troy, Latham or Saratoga Springs, NY.