Swearing-In Ceremony for ACBA, James E. Hacker, President-Elect
The Albany County Bar Association (ACBA) will be holding its Annual Meeting and Swearing-In Ceremony at the Albany County Courthouse Today, January 12, 2016 at 5:30 PM. Daniel W. Coffey, partner at Bowitch & Coffey, LLC, will be sworn in as President. Coffey has been a member of the Association since the early 1990s, holding multiple roles on the Board since 2009. He was also instrumental in developing the Organization’s first Law Day Run 5K in 1994. This year he will celebrate 22 years on the Run Committee.
The slate of Officers being sworn in include:
• President-Elect: James E. Hacker of E. Stewart Jones Hacker Murphy
• Vice-President: Hon Christina L. Ryba, NYS Supreme Court
• Treasurer: Daniel J. Hurteau of Nixon Peabody
• Secretary: Michael P. McDermott of O’Connell & Aronowitz
• Immediate Past President: Janet M. Silver of Hinman Straub, P.C.
The slate of Directors being sworn in include:
• Douglas R. Kemp of the NYS Attorney General’s Office
• Matthew P. Barry of McNamee, Lochner, Titus & Williams, P.C.
• Hon Ryan T. Donovan of Harris, Conway & Donovan, PLLC
• Elizabeth J. Grogan of Wilson, Elser, Moskobitz, Edlerman & Dicker, LLP
• William T. Little, Jr. of Teresi & Little, PLLC
• Lisa R. Harris, Senior Counsel, New York State Senate Majority Conference