Rose McKenna has provided legal guidance to individual, closely-held, national and not-for-profit businesses for over 25 years, handling issues from the launch or purchase of a new business, to governance, day-to-day operations, compliance and contracting matters, to the sale or transaction of an existing business to the next generation of ownership. Rose earned an AV® Preeminent ™Peer Review Rated* designation as established by confidential opinions from fellow members of the Bar and Judiciary in Martindale-Hubbell®*.
Understanding that many organizations do not have the resources to hire an in-house general legal counsel, Rose allows clients to have a responsive, practical, knowledgeable outside general counsel to provide their business with legal advice tailored to their particular operations. Rose has experience in the following areas:
- Formation of LLCs, professional LLCs, business corporations, professional corporations, not-for-profit corporations, partnerships, and LLPs, as well as amendments, restatements, restructures, mergers and dissolutions of these entities.
- Governance matters, including bylaws, shareholder, partnership and operating agreements, governance meeting planning, grant guidelines and agreements and compliance matters.
- Buying and selling businesses, and advising clients on issues relating to the structure of the transaction, non-disclosure and due diligence, financing and transactional documentation.
- Representation of commercial business and health care providers including physicians, chiropractors, diagnostic and treatment centers, certified and licensed home care agencies, hospitals and adult homes, as well as educational, medical research, hotel, beer wholesaler, janitorial, tutoring, restaurant and other types of businesses.
- Development of operating policies and procedures to comply with privacy protection laws (such as FERPA, HIPAA, CIPA, and COPPA, employment handbooks, policies and procedures and operating procedures (conflict of interest, training materials, healthcare related, emergency preparedness, record retention, whistleblower, laboratory SOPs, regulatory monitoring and compliance).
- Licensure of health care entities, federal and state tax exemptions for charitable organizations, charitable solicitation registrations and other business licensure matters.
- Commercial real property transactions, including sales, acquisitions, financing, leases, easement and option rights and real property tax exemptions.
Contact Rose to schedule a consultation. We offer convenient meeting times at any of our office locations and would be happy to discuss hourly, flat fee or task-based rates that may apply to the business or commercial law services you are searching for.